Monday, 19 September 2011

Time flies

I actually cannot believe that I'm viewing high schools this week for my baby boy it really doesn't seem like 5 minutes since I was giving birth, in fact since I did my pregnancy test and being terrified to tell my mum and dad  even though I was engaged to be married and had my own house.
now he's in his final year at primary school, I do already know which school I want him to attend but once I've filled the application form in the education authority would sooner make me sweat and panic for the next 6 months before they release the results and put me out of my misery.

my beautiful boy growing up so fast
WHY? when the applications have to be in by October does it take until march to give a reply, as if us mums and dads are not panicking enough about our babies going into high school, and yes I know he will be fine but it just seems such a big step for my boy to me he's still little and innocent and I don't really want him to grow up, Is it really wrong to feel this way over my sweet innocent boy.

Well I can only hope and pray that he gets his place into the school we want, I think I may be totally grey by march maybe wearing a little white coat.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same, going to the High School open evening next week! Time is flying by too quickly. I will only be putting one school down and as that is his catchment school we are pretty sure he will be going there, it must be a big worry not knowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen It so worrying, we live just outside the catchment area for the school we want which is only 15 minutes walking, but the children are in the primary school next door so hoping thats a plus but It's going to be a long 6 months wait.

    ReplyDelete