Sunday, 26 February 2012

The Goblin and the Girl by Neil Irani ...... great book

Goblin and the girl children's book by Neil Irani and illustrated by Yun Park, published by Maverick books.






This book is quite simple and my children really liked the story  and the illustrations are brilliant being a mum I thought this book was getting another message across reading the title you obviously think there is going to be a Goblin in it, but its actually gone one step better and the little girl sees herself as a goblin when ever she looks in the mirror I don't want to give to much away but I guess most girls and boys at some point feel like this and this story does actually address that just because you feel this way it is not true.



At the end of the story it shows that the little girl actually only needed a friend and someone to talk to  and when she looked into then she seen herself in the mirror .

In today's society where people are so wrapped up in being perfect, this book explains in children's terms.

I highly recommend getting this book my daughter loved it, its easy read but a deep story with a simple text.

No comments:

Post a Comment